Dr. Lucian Panait is a board-certified general surgeon with a particular interest in robotic and other minimally invasive surgical techniques with application to the hernia field. In addition to hernia surgery, he applies his expertise to the surgical treatment of obesity, gastro-esophageal reflux disease, gallbladder conditions, gastroparesis, achalasia, and other general surgery conditions.
By practicing within a larger multi-specialty practice at Bhatti GI Consultants , Dr. Panait and his colleagues can offer a comprehensive and collaborative approach to the treatment of the hernia patients, by also addressing other associated conditions such as obesity, gastro-esophageal reflux disease or diastasis recti when necessary.
Education & Certification
- General Surgery
- Yale University School of Medicine – Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery (Clinical)
- Yale University School of Medicine – Surgical Education (Research)
- MITAC/NASA Commercial Space Center, Virginia Commonwealth University – Robotic Surgery, Telemedicine, Surgical Education (Research)
- Saint Mary’s Hospital/Affiliated Yale University School of Medicine – General Surgery
- Ovidius University, Constanta, Romania – MD
Dr. Panait has a long track record of research and has published numerous articles and book chapters on topics related to hernias, robotic surgery, new minimally invasive surgery techniques, and surgical simulation. He is board certified by the American Board of Surgery, is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, and holds leadership positions in the Americas Hernia Society and the Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons. He has lectured at national and international conferences on hernia-related topics.